Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /homepages/46/d702813888/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons.php on line 365
• Meetings with consecrated writers, such as Valérie Tasso and Purificación Pujol, and new authors, such as Alba Tavío and Aida González will take place between the 20th and 27th May in S / C de Tenerife
• The LIF2021 awards will also be awarded (at the El Laboratorio headquarters on May 28th) and the ‘Literary Hotels’ initiative will take shape in differet hotels established in the Canary Islands.
The Literature is Feminine 2021’s project, organized by El Laboratorio de investigación e innovación en arquitectura, urbanismo, diseño y turismo avanzado; will celebrate throughout this month of May quite a few literary events between writers, all of them led by Dulce Xerach, writer and director of the initiative. With the main goal of giving visibility to the writers of our time and generation and giving them the place they deserve in such a creative way, La Literatura es Femenina will hold three literary meetings at the Strasse Park (S / C de Tenerife):
• On Thursday May 20th (11:30 am) Purificación Pujol and Dulce Xerach will talk about literary creation, focusing especially on the crime novel, a genre that is shared by both creators.
• On Friday May 21th (11:30 am), Valérie Tasso, author of Diario de una ninfómana, and Dulce Xerach will talk about eroticism in literature.
• On Thursday May 27th (11:30 am) Alba Tavío and Aida González, novel authors from Tenerife, will have a talk with Dulce Xerach about how they approach the landscape and create contexts through it in their pieces of literature.
The LIF2021 awards, organized to make contemporary female creators visible and encourage them to continue the path of literature, are divided into four categories: LIF2021 literary award (adults), LIF2021 literary award (young people), La Escritora De Hoy award (artistic residency open to all disciplines on the representation of contemporary women in literature) and Photography Award # LIF2021 (contest through Instagram with the hashtag # LIF2021. The winners will be announced at the awards ceremony on Friday, May 28 at 12:00 am at the headquarters of El Laboratorio (C / Capitán Gómez Landero, 19, Santa Cruz de Tenerife).
The pilot initiative ‘Literary Hotels’ is carried out in order to bring the many literary figures of our islands closer to the tourist. A creative synergy where we can give visibility and voice to the creators of our time who, through their writings, open the doors to universes and stories never told before about our islands. During May 22th and 24th , different rooms at the Barceló Castillo (Fuerteventura), Santa Catalina Royal Hyde Away (Gran Canaria) and Barceló Contemporáneo (Tenerife) hotels will be intervened with phrases from Canarian writers describing our landscape, which will be written in different languages, thus generating a personalized product where the visitor can better understand the place they are visiting.
On the vinyls you can read phrases by writers such as Yanet Acosta, Dulce Xerach, Alba Tavío, Aida González, Elsa Lopez, Cecilia Domínguez, Fátima Martín or Felicidad Batista; as well as the winners of the LIF2021 awards.